A few people have asked me what is the difference between the Sexyloops Hot Torpedo series and the Sage X since they cost the same USD price and have the same lifetime guarantee. That’s really where the comparison ends. This is not a price war, this is a quality war.
1. The Sexyloops Hot Torpedo blanks are better by design.
Blank feel may be subjective, tip recovery is not. Sexyloops blanks have the best tip recovery by far. HT blanks are fast but delicate, have both finesse and power. The HT blank is a smooth fast progressive action designed as for all-round mastery of both short and long distance presentation shots. Loop control is impeccable. There has never been such a finely tuned blank delivering so much power with finesse.
*Tip recovery is how the rod tip behaves as the rod unloads. An unstable tip will put waves in the rod leg of the loop. HT rods are designed to minimise this and in many hands will completely remove it.
Paul Arden leads the design, working with top casters and anglers all over the world, having his blanks produced in Spain. These blanks are not available anywhere else.
2. The Sexyloops Hot Torpedo finish is both immaculate and stealthy.
Sexyloops rods are built in the UK by our extremely talented rod builder who builds each rod to perfection. HT rods are built the long way, three micro-thin coats of epoxy for each whipping. This results in a thinner more-even finish. Only perfectly finished rods leave our workshop. If it is not perfect it is stripped and rebuilt until it is. This is no easy task and no factory in the world is going to pay such attention to detail.
Sexyloops fly fishing rods have a matt non-scaring finish. If you want to buy a glossy rod then buy the Instructor Rod. Glossy rods scare fish.
3. Sexyloops uses higher quality components.
We use the best cork money can buy. Stripping guides have titanium frames. We machine and anodise our own spacers. Big businesses cut costs at the bottom end to increase their profit margins. At Sexyloops we don’t do that and use the best fittings available, whatever the cost. On our HT10 for example we use Torzite Titanium rings throughout. A world first.
4. There is no 4.
5. Sexyloops has the same great Sage Warranty.
We know this a big selling point for many fly fishers, so we offer it too. However we offer a small but important difference; we will always rebuild your rod the way you want it and not replace it with different model.
But it doesn’t stop there, we also offer more…
- All Sexyloops prices include free priority shipping, anywhere in the world. That’s right, if you live in Timbuktu we will deliver your rod to you for free.
- We give a 7-day money back no-quibble guarantee. If you are not completely enthralled with your HT rod, then return it in 7 days and we will give you a complete refund. (This has never happened!)
- We offer a bespoke rod service at no extra charge. Don’t like recoil rings and prefer snakes? We will fit snakes. Prefer a Full Wells grip or a wooden insert? No problems – we have you covered.
- And finally, through Sexyloops, we give you unlimited lifetime support. Need travel advice? Need help in fixing an irritating casting problem? Want to know how to tie your flies upside-down? Any question, mainstream or obscure, we will do our best to help. After all we’re not just selling you a rod; we’re coming fishing with you!