Maybe this check list may help you on some of your future trips as well!?
Here we go! ;)
Check list fly fishing tropical salt water:
- shock tippet fluoro carbon 80, 100, 130, 150lbs. (130/150 for dirty water fishing in central america), barrel crimps + plier for the crimps
- tungsten beads + funnels to add in front of flies
- flies for Bonefish, Tarpon, Permit, Barracuda, Jacks, Rooster fish, popperflies in general
- leader material fluoro carbon 0,25mm - 0,60mm, tapered fc leaders, titanium 13 & 20kg
- long plier, measure, knife, clip, towel, line dressing, gloves for landing, polarised glasses, short pen for pulling tight knots, stripping guards
- fly rods 7,10,11wt.
- fly reels 7,10,11wt. + spare spools + spare backing
- fly lines a) 7wt. (floating) for Bonefish, b) 10wt. (floating, intermediate tip, sinking) for Permit etc. and c) 11wt. (floating, intermediate tip, sinking) for Tarpon
- belly boat, fins, polyurethan glue + plastik stripes for repair
- camera equipment + adapters for wall sockets + solar panel
- mobile phone + waterproof bag
- water bottle, tide calendar, compass
- mosquito net, sleeping bag, tent
- medication + cleaning stuff
- desinfection hands, sun blocker 50+, sun protection lipstick
- pass port + copy
- cash, credit card + bag for it
- emergency numbers, booking numbers, tickets
- clothes including buff, cap, and flats booties, rain clothes
- travel bags, hand luggage bag, lock
- insurance for the equipment
- useful knots: SH Double 8, Slim-Beauti, Double Surgeon's, Perfection Loop, Bimini Twist, None Slip Mono Loop
You think I am missing something? PLEASE jump in and let me know! ;) (My last will is writen down, though!)
Great trips to all of you!
All my best
Teaching fly casting during the past days...