Friday 17th October, 2014
So how much?
So just how dedicated are you to getting that last trip to the lake or float in, or walking those miles of stream? Would you go with a broken leg, busted wrist, cracked ribs, broken fingers, injured eye, crick in your neck, busted vertebra?
I have personally saw a guy dislocate their thumb, I actually set that one for him. I have fished for a sort time with a broken finger, I honestly thought it was dislocated until it started crunching, turns out it was broken into three extra pieces.
Would you keep fly fishing after cutting your finger to the bone, I had to - I was at 7500 feet up a mountain at a great lake full of Golden trout!.
When I first started to fly fish here in Alberta my body was a wreck from the army. Both feet in constant pain, both knees aching horribly, 5 bulging disks in my lower back arthritis in my neck, and right shoulder near frozen and right wrist a clunky mess...
I even tried to fly fish damn near blind, from cataracts in both eyes. Failed miserably!
But damn it, I would draw the line at having my balls fucked up. My friend Matt Bacon, he shared a CAT scan of his nut sack and it's fucked from a twist or something, all inflamed the pain is sort of like blue balls and a nutt flick. Damn not sure I could concentrate through that!
So lets hear it tough guys, what would be your breaking point? And what about the ladies of fly fishing also. Is child birth on the river bank enough to stop you from casting and fishing?
By the way, my body is well healed now, I credit it to fly fishing for 5 years straight, and constant movement .
OLD FOLKS HEALTH MESSAGE
As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly realized that I don't really give a rat's hinny. It's the tortoise life for me!
1.. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
2.. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat.
3.. A rabbit runs and hops, only eats vegetables and only lives 15 years.
4.. A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.
And you tell me to exercise?? I don't think so.
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. Some days, you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few.
10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12. It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
13. The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.
15. When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone want to play chess?
16. It's not hard to meet expenses . . . they're everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter... I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm hereafter.
19. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
DID I POST THESE BEFORE..........??????
Copyright © 1998-2014