The world's best flyfishing site.

Spent Fly

Dead or dying fly, usually the female of the species that has it's wings caught in the surface film of the water. Selectively taken by trout on occasion. Spinners are called for in this situation.

Courtesy of Carl

Read the complete article here
Return to whence you came
Return to home page